About the ALS Walk

All content copyrighted.

I have another blog, where I post information about incurable diseases, personal accounts of dealing with the diseases, and various fund raisers that enable research for cures and help survivors and families.

So far, I've had a few posts about ALS. My friend Linda has talked about her twin sister's battle with ALS.
ALS chapters around the country hold walks/runs to raise funds, get together and stay strong. The many links provided in the posts are a way to reach out to these organizations for help/donations. ALS, like any irreversible illness, takes a great toll on families. They're only just narrowing down causes, and a cure is as yet unknown.

There is an ALS walk on the 17th of September in Salem, Oregon. Do join them if you're in the vicinity. Donations of any amount would make a difference to families.

Here's a link to the blog, where there are other links to take you directly to the ALS website. No donations are handled through my blog. It is a platform to share information and life stories.

http://reachforacure.blogspot.com/

If any one has other fundraisers for incurable diseases that they would like to talk about, with personal accounts and some information, I will gladly put it all down for you.

Leave me a message in the comment section here or in the other blog.

Have a good weekend!


Comments

  1. I'm sorry I can't send a donation, but I'm sending positive thoughts to all who walk today and keeping those who are struggling with the disease in my thoughts throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, not to worry. Like I said, the money doesn't go through my blog or anything. Just wanted to have a platform for these things and let let people know. Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment