I wish I could...

pic credit - luigi diamanti; freedigitalphotos.net
All content copyrighted.

The weakness I wish I could see
would be you, leaning into me
happy or hurting as I feel
while I could find a moments comfort
in understanding warmer than an embrace.

The weakness I wish I could see
would be you searching for me
when nature's own glamor silences words
while I could share that wonder
and feel as one with nature and you.

The strength I want to give
would be living, but not just to live
to hold on to bright hope even when despair
beats down our door, and you, could see me,
and think that losing for us is not meant to be.

The strength I want to give
would be the certainty that the world could be
your playground, and every theory worth a try
but home would be with me, wherever you go
and I would be home whenever you want me to be.

pic link - http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=879

Comments

  1. This hits home right now. Beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! Happy to see you here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I haven't been around as often as I would like. Life has gotten the best of me, but summer break is coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about it. Lots going on in your life. I'm going to have my second baby in the next few weeks! So I have no clue how things are going either. I've been blogging rather irregularly as well. But I'll be back to read your posts between those midnight feedings/diaper changes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment