Unreal Beauty

All content copyrighted.

Beautiful world has a hold on me
pic credit - Mindy McGregor; freedigitalphotos.net
Sleepy journey into bliss sets me free
Struggle to hold on, hold on to peace
People, sights and sounds tantalize, tease.

Do I wear red, blue, yellow, another hue?
My best friend, a diamond, they sell it true
Wouldn't want a friend so cold and hard
Blood spilled to fuel their spark, spirit charred.

Art, spiritual expression, oft a mockery
Admire the intention, the product trickery
Wars, fights for justice, easily flipped reason
Any where you turn, every argument a treason.

Enjoyment artificial, a wreath
on free spirited creativity, stifled breath
Yet hope is seductive, beckons,
Beautiful life captivates, even for just seconds.

Memory of fleeting truth and beauty
Strong persuader, call to duty
Duty to love, trust and believe
Remain unspoiled, and somewhat naive.

So I come back, charmed and jaded world,
still more mysterious than peace unfurled
Grabs me at once, unloving, handcuffs in gold
Want to run, again, now, to escape it's hold.

pic link - http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=1608

Comments

  1. nice....my favorite line is: hope is seductive...I think that is what keeps all of going....Hope....it floats someone once said...thank God. happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it was Sandra Bullock, LOL! Thanks Pam, happy Sunday to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment