I'll never say it to you again

All content copyrighted.

I'll never say it to you again,
never mean that,
a hundred shards of glass would cause me less pain
than it does when you smile
as you would at a gamboling puppy
and break my most recent heart and add it to the pile.

I'll never say it to you again,
never mean that,
*Image
a hundred shards of glass would cause me less pain
than it does when you join the jeering other
more in love with the laughter and good times
so blind to tears that fall silent as a feather.

I'll never say it to you again,
never mean that,
a hundred shards of glass would cause me less pain
than it does when you dismiss with words amorphous
as we do flyers selling services, refrigerators, because we have too many,
any expression deeper than an inch of the surface.

I'll never say it to you again,
that I need you much the same
as you might need me if your love caused you pain,
as you might need me if your tears fell into clapping hands and scornful eyes,
and when you say that the ocean is a measure of the capacity of your heart,
I say that I'd rather not have it, because I am wise.

*Image - "Rose In A Bubble" by njaj through www.freedigitalphotos.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What you couldn't see

Oak and his water world

Inspired Chicken Little wisdom